Sunday, March 22, 2009

Car sick

This weekend was the weekend of Deb's bridal shower. The destination of this joyous event was set in Indy. This created a problem because my car has many years. I love my car but I'm afraid of driving long distances while it. I think that goes for obvious reasons. Luckily, the bride-to-be said I could ride down with her fiance from Manchester.
Saturday morning I managed to get up at the ridiculous time of 6:30 a.m. to clean house, do dishes, get ready, and stop at Walmart to get a gift card...then drive to MC to be there before 9. I arrived 3 minutes till and was ready for the adventure...or not. I found out we had another lady joining us, Emily, which made it nice because we bonded over the exhausting two days we spent together. The bridal shower was really fun. Tricia and Melissa were there and I would have to say that they made my day. The ridiculous amount of fun we seem to create every time we are together makes the space between not seeing them worth it. I appreciate them that much more.
Here is where the 'not' part of being ready for this adventure fits in (in summary)...
Help clean up bridal shower. Stopped at numerous relative's houses. Walmart. Helped with favors. Spent two hours cooking chicken for dinner. Dog humped my leg. Missed opportunity to see BF. Dog humped leg. Difficult sleeping. Cigarette smoke clogging lungs. Woke up. Contact tore. Left late. Someone forgot phone. Drove back to get phone. More relatives. Long car ride. Dress size mix up. Drive back home. Finally home.
I did have some great conversations and bonding this weekend with numerous people, but just wish I had a day to recover before class tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like quite the weekend! And I really like your header!!!

    ReplyDelete