Thursday, May 7, 2009

Conquered Fear

Today I successfully completed all the 'stickings' I needed to pass phlebotomy. In all honesty, if I could of I would have avoided this class at all costs. I couldn't even poke my finger in Histology class at MC to look at my blood under the microscope. I made a mad dash for the bathroom where I spent most of the lab period splashing water of my face to prevent myself from passing out. Even before this class started I tried to 'desensitive' my fear by watching youtube videos of drawing blood. Big mistake! I ended up in the bathroom again trying to prevent myself from passing out. So, when this class came around I knew I had no choice but to suck it up. Amazingly, I've made it. No pass outs. I've even acquired a good technique. I still have issues with the fact I'm actually jabbing metal into someone's vein and I doubt that thought will fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment